Thursday, April 4, 2013

JAS Challenge #47: Here Comes the Sun...

Hello fellow crafters, bloggers and scrappers,

Thank you for joining us last week for the Just A Scrappin' easel card challenge. It is always nice to change your card base once in awhile to keep things fresh and interesting. This week's challenge is "Here Comes the Sun." Participants are encouraged to create a card, layout or project featuring the sun.

I have to laugh at this challenge's design theme, especially given the fact I live in the mid-west and we are experiencing snow flurries...please sun come out and play. Lately, some of my cards have featured sun die cuts and I did not want to use one for this challenge. Instead, I opted to use scrapbooking paper featuring the sun for a pleasant creative change. I layered the image with plain, white vellum, and then stamped an image with sentiment on top.

This was a new creative endeavor for me since the vellum has been in my scrapbooking supplies for some time. I even had to research how to adhere the vellum without using brads, ribbon or some other type of embellishment to hide the adhesive. I will write the crafting community is awesome about sharing their creative experiences. And my fellow crafters where correct, photo spray adhesive is awesome! I was even able to purchase a $15 can for $5 (Michaels had their Recollection's brand on clearance).

I think the finished card turned out better then I had imagined and I was introduced to a new product and adhesive tool. All in day's work.

Please stop by the Just A Scrappin' blog to visit the work of my fellow DT members.

Happy Scrapping,


K




Supplies:

Paper: Studio Calico (Take Note), Recollections, SU
Cartridge: Elegant Edges (border)
Vellum: SU
Stamp/Sentiment: Unity&Co

Join the conversation!

  1. This is stunning-I love the colors and the vellum-fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice job with the use of vellum I loved the touch of the bird on the branch just a great touch to the card

    ReplyDelete