Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Craft Spot's Monday Madness #95: Anything Goes

First, Happy 36th Birthday, Patrick! (my FABULOUS and oh so HANDSOME husband)

I love a challenge where anything goes. This week, My Craft Spot's Monday Madness Challenge #95 is to create a paper project of your choosing using any crafting goodness you can imagine.

I chose to create a masculine birthday card for my husband who turned 36 on Friday. Creating masculine cards has always been a challenge for me. I have a measure of difficulty coming up with interesting and usual focal points for my masculine cards. However, I came across a great blog post at Papertrey Ink, which listed some do's and don't's when creating masculine cards. First, no ribbon or frilly things (a given). Along with several do's: twine, buttons, brads and masculine colors. Also, clean lines and symmetry really work for me.

For this card, I utilized multiple layers to add dimension and varying focal points; bold colors and patterns; and a vintage stamped image to complete my creation.

My husband absolutely loved his birthday card. Practice makes perfect...

Enjoy,

K



Supplies: 
Card Size: 5 1/2 x 5 1/2

Paper: Crate Paper (Party), Stampin' Up, Recollection
Cartridges: Artiste (square)
Jute: American Crafts
Stamp/Brads: Stampin' Up
Letters: Recollection
Tage: Crate Paper


Join the conversation!