Sunday, June 30, 2013

It's All In The Embossing

Okay, so there are several crafting techniques I have been itching to try and sometimes all I need is just a little push. Recently, a client wanted a special card for her son and daughter-in-law's 20th wedding anniversary. I thought to myself, "Well, how can I create an elegant card for such a special occasion?"

I have been drawn to the idea of creating a monochromatic card; and secondly, creating a card simply using embossing as a design element. This was my chance to try both of these design elements and see where the creative winds would take me. I will write, that as the pieces slowly came together I did opt to use a hint of color. While the card is mainly composed of ivory layers there is a subtle hint of gold matting. I really enjoyed the elegant look of the embossed paper. I continued to apply embossing to each matted layer of the card. I completed and enclosed the card with a belly band (another first for me). I think the overall effect is rich in texture, but not overly done with too many embellishments.

I will definitely try my hand at both techniques some time in the future.

All the best,

K


Card: A2
Card Supplies:

Paper: Recollections, DCWV
Embossing Folder: Anna Griffin (Rosa)
Stamp: Papertrey Ink
Pearl: Recollections
Cartridge: Storybook, Elegant Edges

Join the conversation!