Thursday, April 3, 2014

Miss You...

Happy Thursday Fellow Crafters and Scrappers!

Welcome to another fabulous challenge from the Just A Scrappin' design team.  This week we are challenging you to try a little vintage crafting using any colors or theme. If vintage is your normal craft mode, then jump right on in. However, if trying the vintage design style is out of the norm for you, then think of this as a wonderful opportunity to learn a new style or try out a new technique.

If you know me, vintage is not my style. I have to try really hard to make something work that comes so naturally for others. I usually gravitate toward clean lines and symmetrical designs. However, I used this challenge as a chance to try new techniques and products. I recently acquired several stencils and thought I would use them for this challenge. This is my card; however, I would like to write I almost threw the card base into the trash. Like I wrote before, vintage throws me off my game. I am hoping with a little more practice I can get the hang of it. I hope you step outside your comfort zone and try something new, too. We can do it together.



Don't forget to head over to the Just A Scrappin' blog to see the creations of my fellow design team members.

Smiles,

Keia

Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:

Paper: Studio Calico (Take Note), Recollection
Cartridge: Creative Cards, Artiste
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. (Bitty Regards), Stampin' Up (French Script)
Other: American Crafts (twine), Basic Grey (enamel dots), Tim Holtz (clockwork stencils; distress ink: vintage photo, tea dye, broken china), Stampin' Up (embossing powder), Yurki (watercolor palette), Cricut (swirls embossing folder), Faber-Castell (gold pitt pen)



Join the conversation!

  1. Um.....girl.....I just LURVE LURVE LURVE LURVE this!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your vintage card is fabulous! I would have never have thought of stencils, or enamel dots! Love that Stampin' Up french script stamp-it goes on my wish list! Great, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keia. You're creations always amaze me. Thank you for the continued inspiration.<3Kimberly

    ReplyDelete