Thursday, January 7, 2016

Taylored Expressions January Release...I'd Ink With You Any Day!

Happy Thursday Fellow Crafters and Scrappers,

We made it! I hope you have been enjoying all the amazing inspiration for Taylored Expressions' January Release. January is a special month, because this is when Taylored Expressions host their annual Petite-A-Palooza!

Today, I am showcasing the new Oceans Of Fun stamp/die set, which coordinates perfectly with the Build A Scene-Underwater and Build A Scene-Rolling Waves dies.

To create the background for this card, I inked my craft mat with Tim Holtz's Distress inks Salty Ocean, Worn Lipstick and Tumbled Glass, and then spritzed with water. I then used the "smooshing technique" to apply the inks to my watercolor paper. The sandy hills were created using Taylored Expressions' Build A Scene-Rolling Hills and Stampendous' Golden Sand embossing powder. I love how it mimics the look of real sand. The Build A Scene-Underwater dies, die cut the ocean fauna using a few cherished scraps from my stash. Lastly, to add visual interest, I die cut the top of the watercolor panel using the Build A Scene-Rolling Hills, and embossed the bottom watercolor panel using the Bubbles embossing folder. A stamped sentiment and an enamel heart, from Doodlebug, complete this card.


Thank you for stopping by, today. However, the fun is not over. Head over to the Taylored Expressions Blog for a complete listing of participating designers and new product information.

Smiles,


Keia


Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:


Join the conversation!

  1. Wow that is one adorable card! I love the sand look. Great job

    ReplyDelete