Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Taylored Expressions Day 2 of Sneak Peek Week...Help, from our table to yours

Happy Tuesday Taylored Expression Friends,

Did you get a chance to share in yesterday's birthday celebration? If yes, AWESOME! If no, there is still time to participate and win some fabulous birthday presents!

Today, I am sharing with you a few cards that celebrate the upcoming fall season. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. And if it yours, too, then these stamps and dies will put you in the mood. Today's card features TE's latest Little Bits - Turkey Dinner and Pumpkin Pie dies.


Okay, let me write, I love funny cards. When I saw the Little Bits - Turkey Dinner die, I just knew it was begging to be designed for a humorous card. Enter the Little Bits - Turkey. Can you just imagine a turkey looking around during Thanksgiving season and wanting to run in the opposite direction? I used the Mini Color Block Cutting Plate to help me create the story for this card. The background was created using the Distress Oxides: Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade. I then went about die cutting a mini vignette for each block...silverware, speech bubble, and Thanksgiving dinner. Once die cutting was completed, it was time to stamp my sentiment and add the turkey.




Card number two features the new Simply Stamped Acorns, which pair beautifully with Simply Stamped Leaves.


To create this card, I used TE's newest ink, Mocha go achieve the rich, dark brown and paired this with Chocolate Truffle and Toffee for my acorns. The leaves were a variety of TE inks and blended beautifully with each other. My favorite combination was the Plum Punch, Mulled Wine and Cupcake. The background for the A2 card is a gold heat embossed image using the new Autumn Leaves Background stamp. An embossed sentiment from the Simply Said-Thanks stamp set and gold ribbon complete this card.


Thank you for stopping by today! Head over to the TE Blog (HERE) for more inspiration and to check out the 9th birthday celebration festivities! Join in the fun by participating in a fun challenge where you could win a fabulous prize package OR become a guest designer for the October Release. Say What?!?!

And make sure you check out the party favors! For a limited time, when you spend $50 or more at the TE Web Store (HERE), you'll earn this fabulous Iconic Wishes-Birthday stamp & die combo for FREE!




Happy Crafting,


Keia



Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:



Join the conversation!

  1. Replies
    1. Hello, Amy! The Mini Block Cutting Plate is an oldie, but goodie. I love that cutting plate, too! So fun to use when making cards. Crafty Hugs =)

      Delete
  2. Keia, that turkey card is totally adorable! I loved it before I knew it was yours, then when I saw it was yours, I said 'of course!'. Pardon me if I case it. Can't wait to see you at Stamp Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my crafty sister, Mikel! I hope you are well and getting your craft on! By all means, CASE away! I am glad you liked the card. You and I share a crafty sense of humor. Every time I see that card it makes me smile. I will not be at Stamp Joy this year =( I was moving during the deadline process. Hmmm, military life. Hopefully, I will be there next year! If so, see you then. Until then, craft on!!!! Hugs

      Delete
    2. I Love the Big Blooms cards too, so pretty! I am so bummed I won't see you at this year's Stamp Joy, you will be missed by so many folks. Looking forward to seeing your other creations this week. Luvya sister!

      Delete
  3. OMGobble, gobble, how cute is that??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia! I am glad you liked the turkey as much as I did. =)

      Delete